Sunday, January 25, 2015

Duane Michals


Duane Michals
 
I wish you guys could see this better, but I couldn't make this sequence any bigger. Here is the link to check it out.
 Duane Michals Sequence.

 Duane Michals is a self taught American photographer. He worked as a fashion photographer for Esquire, Mademoiselle and Vogue.  He is known for his photo-sequences and often adds text to examine emotion and philosophy about death, gender and sexuality. In this sequence, we can see that something creepy is going on. The little girl is at first reading a book and starts to feel as if something is watching her. She feels a presence near her and gets up to check the coat hanger near her. She finds nothing and goes back to her chair, but then a man appears within the coat and he walks off with the little girl. This sequence can be related to death and a haunting, which is somewhat relatable to my series. I am trying to get inspired by this specific sequence and will use a grid to describe a narrative of my and my family's paranormal experiences living in a haunted house for critique #2. Right now I am working with what I have and will begin shooting for this type of sequences this week after critique #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment