Sally Mann
Body Farm
Of course, Sally Mann.
Sally Mann is an American photographer born in Lexington, Virginia. Body Farm is a series she photographed at a facility that studies human decomposition to better understand the process. Her work really provokes strong emotions and reactions which I really enjoy. I picked this series in particular because I liked the darkness of it and the truth that lies with in it. Sally Mann explains that death is an unspoken part of life that gets tucked away. She portrays the bodies as decaying vessels that once held something more. We are more than what we see on the outside and what we decide to materialistically surround ourselves with. Our bodies are in the end going to decay and feed the Earth. Some of her images are very disturbing and that is why I only posted a couple. If you would like to see more you can check her out at http://sallymann.com/selected-works.


No comments:
Post a Comment