Monday, March 2, 2015

Christopher Shneberger


Christopher Shneberger is a Chicago artist and teaches photography at Colombia College. His interests are in creating surreal narratives that are compelling and elusive. His work has developed into full stories that embrace the supernatural. His stories are initially small ideas which are often inspired by location, technical advancement or historical research. From there they grow into detailed narratives, and are eventually executed after lengthy preproduction involving casting, costumes, props, and sets.
Thanks to Nate, I found a photographer that does something similar to what I have been doing in class. I find his stories very interesting and somewhat comical, but maybe that's just me. His images are a little  creepy after you spend a little time staring at them. His work is a lot better than mine and I would like to refine my work in the future by recreating other stories that I have read or heard about.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of recreating stories through photographs. This is very cool!

    ReplyDelete